Helsinki Memory Technologies Oy was formed in 2013 as an offshoot of an innovative collaboration agreement between Pendrell Corporation (NASDAQ: PCO) and Nokia Corporation. Based in Finland, HMT remains on the forefront of leading edge memory solutions and is continuing more than fifteen years of innovative research and development in memory solutions begun by Nokia.
- In 1997, Nokia was instrumental in the development and introduction of the MultiMediaCard and served as a founding member of the MMCA.
- In 2007, working in a leadership capacity through the JEDEC® and MMCA, Nokia employees who are now members of the HMT team played an integral role in the introduction of embedded MultiMediaCards (e•MMC).
- From 2004 – 2010, the same HMT team served in an industry leadership role on the board of SDA to promote requirements for removable memory in mobile devices.
- In 2011, the team played a key leadership role in the introduction of Universal Flash Storage (UFS) through JEDEC®.
Helsinki Memory Technologies is led by Managing Director Kimmo Mylly, an award winning technologist and inventor who previously played a key leadership role in the development of mass storage memory technologies at Nokia. For more than fifteen years he has been involved in the development of mobile technologies and an active participant in the development of industry standards surrounding e•MMC, SD and UFS technologies. He has served as Chairman of several industry standard groups, including:
- the MMCA Technical Committee (2004-2005)
- JEDEC® JC64.1 (2005-2010)
- the Joint Task Group of JEDEC® and MMCA (2006-2009)
- the Vice Chairman of the JEDEC® J64 Committee from 2010-2012
- Nokia’s representative to the SDA board (2008-2010)
He has received several JEDEC® awards for his industry leadership, including the JEDEC® Technical Recognition Award in 2010.
Jani Hyvönen, Senior Embedded SW Engineer. In addition to HMT Jani has worked in Nokia, Accenture and Qualcomm. While working in these companies Jani has gained a versatile skill in embedded systems software development. Jani has development experience in Nokia, Symbian, Windows, Windows Phone, Linux and Android operating systems. Jani has mainly focused on system level e.g. driver development but has also done some application level development projects.
About Pendrell Corporation
Pendrell (NASDAQ: PCO) creates and acquires unique foundational intellectual property representing innovations that have the potential to fundamentally improve the economics, functionality and/or performance of goods and services in major global markets. Pendrell is headquartered in Kirkland, Washington. For more information on Pendrell, click here.